Who are the Friends?
Friends across the city help to promote public use and community support for the library, to foster appreciation of its value as a cultural and educational asset to the community, and to focus public attention on the resources, services, and needs of the library.
What do the Friends do?
- Friends fundraise for our local branches and DC Public Library system
- Friends advocate for DCPL's budget
- Friends organize special programming
- Friends sponsor and volunteer at our library
- Friends help to publicize library services, resources, and activities
Membership dues and donations are used to enhance and promote library resources and services including adult and children’s programs, summer reading, book discussion groups, bilingual programming, and much more.